Friday, October 17, 2008

Painting pumpkins

Today I attempted to overcome my distaste for cleaning up messes, so Avery and I painted pumpkins. And I let him have his own plate with paint and everything. And it really wasn't as bad as I thought! Maybe play dough, or playing in the dirt is next! :) Or, not...





10 comments:

bedelia said...

We're like the opposite when it comes to messes...you can definitely tell when you come to my house. That looks like fun maybe i'll try it with jonah.

Amy Snell said...

I'm so PROUD of you :):) Kenzie (as you can see from a few of our posts) loves paint all of a sudden!! I know you hate messes but these are the memories that you will look back on and smile about!!

Jon and Jacque said...

Avery, that is a very styling pumpkin! I like yours too Kizzie!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!
I sure hope that's an apron and you're not hankering for a daughter!! :)

Selissa said...

Very Brave! That looks like fun though.

The Bears said...

Wow... He really got the hang of it by his second pumpkin and by the way... I'm with you, mountains are cool, so you should hike in them, not just head East and climb up them. Luke is crazy.

Michelle Claire said...

Yes, you brave soul... I have the same feeling about messes myself... Good job on the painting Avery! :)

Oh, and here's something funny that I just realized. (Maybe you realized it before... but oh well.) So, Jack was born on the 15th of July, Wesley was born on the 15th of August, and a friend of mine (in Provo) had her little baby on the 15th of September! We were all in Provo when we got pregnant! Coincidence... probably, but it's a pretty crazy coincidence!

Chiemi said...

You are so brave. I am terrified of letting Kyla any where near paint. It looks like he had fun!

sissyann said...

That is a great idea!!! I have carving pumpkins.

Unknown said...

Avery's pumpkin looks very Van Gogh a la Starry Night-ish. I'm loving it! :D