Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jack's getting so big...sort of!

Jack was weighed and measured a couple days ago, he's weighing in at 10.14 which I was told is about the 5th percentile, maybe 10th...I can't remember for sure now.
And he's 23 1/4" long. He doesn't seem as teeny to me anymore, I think I realize it a little more when I see other babies. But we think he's perfect!

I was looking at Avery's baby book and at two months he weighed a pound heavier than Jack is now, and I had written down the first time Avery rolled from front to back, he was 3 months 1 week and 5 days old. Yesterday I was talking to Andy about it, because Jack didn't seem to be showing any signs of being interested in rolling over, and not 5 minutes later Jack rolled from front to back! How nice is that of him to do that for me!? And just to be sure we flipped him back over and watched him do it a few more times!(3 months 1 week and 2 days...FYI) I was also happy that he did it while Andy was home, just because he misses so many "firsts", it was nice to be able to share a real first thing with him!
So, YAY for Jack!
This picture has nothing to do with him rolling over, it's just cute!

A couple days ago I pulled out the Johnny Jump up that we have and put Jack in it, I was surprised at how long he stayed in it before crying, and he seemed to like it! He did really well at holding his head up, so I think we'll put it to good use so he's not getting a flat head from laying on the floor! And he's cute in it...!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable! I think it's funny you know when those milestones happened to the day. I can't remember when Scarlett first rolled over...I need to write more stuff down!
And yes, he is perfect. I think it's gross to see a hugely fat baby who looks like he ate a baby...plus I read some good health facts about trim babies vs. fatties!

Cari-Ann said...

Oh man he is getting sooooo cute! I love these pictures! I agree with Karen. I've seen some fatties!

MaRilla said...

Very cute family, and Darling boys. Thanks for sharing!