Avery likes food, especially snack food. Almost every day he'll ask for a snack around lunch time and when I tell him I'm about to make lunch he gets sad and says "But Mom, I wanted a snack!"
We're snacky people.

This week I decided to incorporate that particular love into teaching Avery. So we went to the store and picked out some candy (the best snack...) and he used them to "trace" letters. Then he counted them out and put the right number of candies on numbered cards. He's pretty good at the alphabet and hardly ever gets letters mixed up, so we're focusing on numbers lately.
I love his little hammy grin! :)

This candy thing may be the break through we needed! He sure loved it, and surprisingly he didn't eat very much at all. He wants to save it to use again. Whatever it takes to help him learn...! :)
4 comments:
That's a genius idea Kizzie!
I can't get Jonah to get past 3 without being weird so maybe I'll try the candy. Avery's kindergarten teacher is gonna love you and him.
You are such a good mom, Kiz! Avery is going to be a smarty pants!
That is such a good idea! He is so smart!
Post a Comment