Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Church bag

This past Sunday I realized that with Avery in Primary and Jack in Nursery I don't really need to take a giant diaper bag to church every week. So I started thinking about what kind of bag I wanted to make myself to carry my church things in.

My mom must have been inspired because yesterday I got a birthday package from her in the mail with fabric and a pattern for a bag.

So here's my new Church bag, complete with a drawing of Avery's that I traced and embroidered on. I love it. Now I can't wait til Sunday.

Thanks Mom!!


6 comments:

sissyann said...

so cute!!!! i love that you have a picture on their. that is so creative.

Chiemi said...

Awww cute! I love your new bag. The fabric is Mary Englebright right? Love her stuff. :)

Andrea said...

That is so cute! Love it!

bedelia said...

I've seen other people embroider as well but so far my kids haven't drawn anything worthy of that kind of work. I love Avery's little people. jealous of the small church bag to church. We have 3 bags. Mine for primary, the big boys church bag and August's bag...its crazy sometimes, all the time really.

Unknown said...

Neat! It looks like a church (or library) worthy bag! I do like the idea of putting Avery's creation on it. Is Jack staying in nursery by himself now? We haven't even tried with Scarlett yet. We were gone too much before the beginning of the year and we're giving it a while before we try. You know how she is!

Robyn said...

YOU are TOO crafty for your own good. That is FLIPPING adorable!