Saturday, February 21, 2009

Avery Randomness

Around here we think Avery's pretty funny...examples...

Avery got a helium balloon earlier this week. He loved it. He would carry it around and randomly command it to stay on the ground shouting at it "Balloon! Stay Down!" when he let go and it floated to the ceiling he would look at me and say in his best 2 year old mad voice "Mom, it don't listen to me!"
This morning Avery was laying in bed with me, at one point he rolled over and started sucking his thumb. I asked him if his thumb tasted good he said yes. So I asked him what it tasted like. He smiled and said "A taco!!". I don't think he even knows what a taco is. He thought it was pretty funny though.

Sometimes during the day he walks up to the laundry room, opens the door, peeks his head into the dark room and yells "Duck, I'll be right back!" No idea what he's talking about or anything. When I ask him he just says "Duck is in time out". He's crazy.He keeps telling me when he gets big he's going to go to school like Daddy, or he's going to go to Daddy's office when he's bigger. He just can't wait. And by "when I'm bigger" he thinks that means after his nap, or tomorrow. I love that kids have no sense of time.

Speaking of sense of time, he tells me a lot that he'll "be back in half an hour" or he'll "eat lunch in half an hour", or we'll go out in half an hour. Half an hour to him could mean in 30 seconds, or next week.Avery saw a picture of Jack on the computer and immediately started smiling and proclaimed "He's so cute!" He also tells us that Jack is his "Very best friend" I love it.

He's started saying prayers by himself. Mostly just for meals. But it's really cute. Sometimes the order of his prayer is a little off, but he's got the right idea. And he thinks he's pretty cool!

7 comments:

Amy Snell said...

What a sweet boy!! Kids are soooo funny...the time thing cracks me up because we are going through the same thing right now with Mackenzie :D He is tooo cute...I love the last picture!!

Michelle Claire said...

Avery is so funny! How cute is he?! I love the whole duck in timeout thing... that cracks me up!

Oh, and can you tell Sasha I want to be invited to her blog??? I dunno, leave her a comment or something... please? Love ya Kiz!

Michelle Claire said...

Avery is so funny! How cute is he?! I love the whole duck in timeout thing... that cracks me up!

Oh, and can you tell Sasha I want to be invited to her blog??? I dunno, leave her a comment or something... please? Love ya Kiz!

Michelle Claire said...

Oops... don't know why it posted that twice... sorry...

Selissa said...

That is so cute! I love the random things kids do.

Andrea said...

That's so cute.

Chiemi said...

Awww I love kids. They always say the most hilarious things!