Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sew Crazy!

So, I may have gone a little crazy sewing little things this week. And it's only Tuesday! Sheesh!

It all started when my sister asked me to make a tag blanket for my nephew.
So I decided to make a little one for Jack again. this one is just 12 inch square. He loves all the ribbon on his big one.
I finished Jacks in like 30 minutes, and made Derek's this morning. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Here's a picture of Jack's too.

Then I saw a cute pattern for a business card holder, by Amy Butler. I thought it could also double as a little wallet so I tried it out. I liked it a lot, but wanted to change a couple things. That one got pretty out of hand. I ended up making 3 different ones, all similar but not the same. Who knew it would take that long to get it close to the way I wanted. It's still not perfect, but I had to make myself stop!

When I finished Derek's blanket this morning I made myself put all my sewing away, so it's not tempting me. I REALLY need to do some cleaning!!!

9 comments:

Selissa said...

Derek's blanket is so cute Kiz! Thanks.

Jon and Jacque said...

Kizzie, great sewing goods! Looks like you are keeping busy with lots of sewing fun!

Unknown said...

Those tag blankets are such a good idea, Scarlett would have loved them. She was obsessed with tags.
Seriously, what do you do with your kids? Are they just perfect!?!! I would go crazy having to stop every few minutes to tend to Scarlett.

sissyann said...

My daughter would love one of those blankets. They are adorable!!! Great job!!

Aimee said...

Kizzie-those are awesome. I want to make some of those tag blankets, and I really want one of those wallets for myself! :)

I got some blankets I need to finish for my kiddos-want a job?? I have all the materials just not the know how...lol :)

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Hi Kizzie! Thanks for coming to visit us over at Lazy Moms today! I love your blog! I am so envious that you can sew. That is one thing I really want to learn how to do. Now that the kids are getting older, Lazy Mom Amanda and I have talked about taking lessons together. I need one of those business card holders! Great Job! I'll have to thank the Nester for introducing me to you!

Chiemi said...

Kizzie, that is so adorable! I am loving that Amy Butler patter. I need to try that out. I totally know what you mean about sewing being tempting. I could sew all day long!

Josie said...

Those look great! My babe has a big tag blanket and a small one and refuses to play with either, but I cant keep her away from tags on her toys.... weirdo! haha

EMILY said...

do you sell these? i want one!