Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Memories

Before Andy came into the picture I had my best girl friends, Karen and Sam. And we celebrated Komodo Dragon Day, instead of Valentine's. Maybe it was a silly teenage girl thing, but we had fun and each February 14th we wish each other a "Happy Komodo Dragon Day!". No matter how all of our relationship status' have changed. (I bet they'll hate this picture being on the internet!)
Sam, me, Karen

Then I got married, and we don't do huge things on Valentine's Day. We say "I love you" every day, so on Valentine's Day we like to wear red. Have a yummy meal, let our boys wear cute Valentine shirts. I get roses. We eat candy. It's like a party. We just love being together.Our first Valentine's I made him a heart to wear all day that says "my wife loves me" we still have it. And we ate fried chicken. We graduated to steak dinner the next year. : )

This year I tried to do something for Andy every day. One day the boys and I heart attacked his office while he was out. We made him some special heart shaped cookies, we took him a yummy lunch. I tried a craft and ruined it. But it's the thought that counts right?! :) So we've had a good week.Today we're taking the boys to my brother and sister in law's house and we're going out to lunch. This will actually be the first V-Day since we've been married that we are actually going out to eat. I usually just make a special dinner.And this year, Andy got me roses and wrote me a very sweet letter.

It's been a wonderful 4+ years with Andy. He's the nicest most considerate person ever. And I am very lucky to get to spend forever with him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha...I love that picture of us! I forgot about that night. I don't mind it being on the net..I was skinny then!! :)
The boys shirts are adorable. It does seem like a weird holiday for me, Valentine's Day, we are so lovey anyway too!