Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good Parenting Brag

Avery may pick up some less desirable things, but he is also quick to pick up good things. He's a little smarty. He recognizes most of the letters in the alphabet and knows a word that starts with almost all of them.

He'll happily shout the letter and corresponding word when he sees a familiar letter. It makes me happy. (D for Daddy, I for Ice cream, O for Octagon, etc)His new favorite game to play is UpWords. He dumps all the letters out and puts them on the board, each time saying the letter and word. So cute. I did good. (...You too Andy!)

We're working on numbers now. Thanks to a puzzle Avery loves to put together he's catching on pretty quickly!

2 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

He is so cute!! Both of your boys are. I loved the post earlier about the naughty things he was learning!! It is so funny the things they pick up!! Being a parent, can be quite a challenge!! :)

Crystal said...

Crack! My kid can't do any of that! Can I borrow Avery for a few days and make him teach Gavin all of that stuff?!