Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The joys of being a mom...

"Joy" is probably the wrong word for this situation...

Lets start with a little background...
Jack has been sleeping through the night for close to 2 weeks now (12 hours of sleep, it's great!) so we decided to move him from his cradle in the living room to the crib in Avery's room. Last night was the first night of the boys sleeping in the same room.

This morning I woke up before the boys so I turned the hall light off and opened their bedroom door, so if Avery woke up first he could come out and not wake Jack up with any yelling.
When I first opened the door I noticed it smelled pretty nasty in the bedroom, but I couldn't figure out why, and since both boys were still asleep I didn't want to turn the light on and wake them up.
After a little bit I heard Jack making noise so I went to get him, when I walked into the room Avery was awake just laying in his bed. I turned the light on to discover Avery had thrown up in his bed sometime in the night, it was all over his blanket, pillow, head, caked on his shirt and face. I almost threw up right there! He just kept saying "I spit in my bed, Mom" over and over. so as quickly as I could I stripped him down and stuck him in the bath. It was seriously one of the grossest things ever. And it had happened quite a while ago, it was all dry. Yuck!
I got all the dirty things in the Washer, opened the window in the bedroom and put a plug in air freshener in there too, we'll see how long it takes to get the fumes out of there!

Poor Jack had to wait to eat, so he was unhappy and made himself tired with all the crying, so he's already down for an early nap.
And Avery is just vegging on the couch (which is covered with a blanket and other protective covers, just in case!) watching tv. He's not acting way sick, but I certainly don't want to smell or clean up puke again...I generally "let" Andy do that, too bad for these long work/school days!

One thing that was cute about this whole thing was Avery being so sweet to me. As I was trying to get him in the bath, gagging over the smell and the dry chunks of puke, he thought I was sneezing and kept saying "bless you momma" over and over. Little did he know what I was trying to hold back!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, poor guy! Hope he feels better...You too, the only thing worse than throwing up is having to clean up someone else's!

sissyann said...

LOL I am just pictureing you gagging and him blessing you. What a sweet boy!! So sad he slept in his own throwup all night.

Chiemi said...

EW!!!!! I totally can't handle that stuff either. Dustin usually has to do that kind of thing. Though him blessing you is so hilarious!

bedelia said...

I laughed out loud. That made my day seem way better. Mine started off wrong because after Nolan screaming for half an hour at 1 am. We again awoke to Nolan screaming, not crying, screaming, at 6:20 am. Mind you Tuesday is the only day we get to remotely sleep in so we were really bugged. Then Jordan goes to check on him to discover that Jonah was in there waking up his brother. You would think separate rooms would keep them from waking up. I have no idea why I decided to tell you all this in a comment.

Unknown said...

Avery is such a nice little boy! I feel bad for him wallowing in his puke all night. You are so funny...I am remembering your gagging and sympathy pains!