It's not even old. I bought it 2 years ago after our ancient microwave that Andy bought used right before we got married, bit the dust. I wasn't sad about that one. But I hate that I just bought a brand new one that I liked less than 2 full years ago and now it's dead.
So...now I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a new one, a used one or non at all. I sure would like the extra counter space and most things you do in the microwave can be done in the oven or on the stove. With the exception of microwave popcorn, which I really like.
Do you have a microwave? Is it really necessary? I'm thinking I may try a week or so without, to see if I really need it? So tell me, what can you only do in the microwave? I need to decide if I'm motivated enough to re-heat things in the oven...! Microwaves sure are convenient...! But they can be expensive!
11 comments:
If you were closer I would just give you mine. I only use the microwave for reheating but most of it can be done on the stove. I think for me it's mostly a convenient, quick and easy thing.
About the microwave: I would die without one, no doubt about it.
About TJ: It is so scary, but he's doing soooo well given the circumstances. They said if she would have gone full term he would have been around 10 lbs... insane.
Um, I think I wouldn't survive without a microwave, if nothing else, for the summer so you don't have to heat the whole house up.
don't forget those delightful little faux-warm-delights that we love so much! :-)
I forgot about faux warm delights...I guess we're getting a microwave. :)
When we first moved up to Provo, we didn't have one. It was a pain. And not just for yummy treats. Defrosting meat from that freezer full you have would be a real pain. Plus when Avery demands to eat right this very second, can you imagine cooking everything for so long with him screaming. Anyways, one time someone sent me a link all about how microwaves caused breast cancer because of the cancer waves it shoots out at women's chest. It was pretty funny.
pps do you wanna come over tomorrow?
They say microwaves arent good, it changes the nutritional make up of the food? We really only use it for popcorn when I feel to lazy to do it on the stove...we do have a toaster oven though...heats up chicken dino's really fast :):) we have one only because its built into the house :):)
I think the only thing I would miss would be reheating leftovers in the same shape they were made. I don't use the microwave much, only in a time crunch. I don't like how food stays hotter longer and it does change the consistency of some things like potatoes. I want an air popper for pop corn! And yucky, I hate those warm delights. I had a lemon one once and threw it away. You sicko!
I love my microwave!!! I buy the steamers veggies... I eat them everyday!!!! I also defrost meat, make popcorn, warm up food. Oh yeah... you totally need a microwave. :)
I have lived with out one, and it was not fun. You know cloth diapers still work too, but I'd rather not.
Post a Comment