Friday, September 19, 2008

2 Months

I can't believe it's been 2 months since Jack was born, time really does fly!

Jack had his 2 month check up yesterday morning, he's weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds 11 ounces (10th percentile) and 23 inches long (50th percentile). He's still in newborn diapers and just barely fitting into newborn clothes. He seems so huge to me, but I guess he's still pretty little!

He's so much fun, he smiles and coos at us all the time, it's adorable. He's such an easy baby, he only wakes once in the night to eat (and I owe a HUGE thanks to Andy for feeding him every night!), he's content to be kissed, hugged and posed by his big brother. Yesterday I caught him staring at his foot, he was concentrating so hard on it, it was adorable.

We're really (really, really!) enjoying having another little boy, we love watching him grow and learn new things. And while I love that he's content to lay in my lap and smile at me all day, a teeny part of me is looking forward to when he and Avery can interact with each other on a more equal level. Just a teeny part though. I sure love my little baby!

6 comments:

sissyann said...

They do grow up fast! I can't believe how little your baby is... so tiny. Enjoy it while you can, it ends so soon. :)

Rusti said...

That's so awesome that Andy is such a helper and night. RJ is no good in the middle of the night, he's a total zombie. lol

Unknown said...

I...hate...you. Not really, but COME ON! TWO easy babies!?!? It's not fair!! Last night Scarlett slept 6 1/2 hours straight. I felt like I died and had gone to heaven. Of course I woke up to see if she was alive. I can't imagine what she would be like if I didn't haul her into bed with me after she wakes up. Oh wait, I can. I tried it a few times and she was up every hour or less after her first initial sleep. Lucky duck! And hey, that was a lot of weight he made up for!

Amanda said...

Hey! So hopefully you remember me.. haha. Megans cousin.. Your Boys are so cute!! Isn't it nice to have an easy baby? Mine is super easy too. We must be super good baby makers!

Anonymous said...

Wow. When Sara was 2 months old, she weighed 9lb 2oz and she was quite a bit bigger at birth than Jack. He's gaining weight great! Good work, Jack!
~Jacque

Michelle Claire said...

I know, right? It goes by so fast... Wesley is already 5 weeks old! When did that happen?! I must've been sleepwalking through all of it... I'm so tired.
I wish I could meet little Jack... give him hugs and kisses for me though... I miss you guys!