With my treatment starting it also means the start of Jack on formula. It's so much more complicated than nursing, not that bottle feeding is hard, but since I've never done it I'm at a complete loss! Good thing Sis has experience and can help me out there! I think he's having a little bit of a hard time adjusting, or does it always take almost an hour to down a couple ounces? I'm hoping it gets easier the longer we do it.
Wish us luck! :)
10 comments:
Ugg..yeah..if I didn't have to formula feed I wouldn't. No, it's not really supposed to take that long, but Scarlett didn't take that well to it until she was about 2 months I think. Anyway, I read that the wide mouth nipples are best for breastfeeding babies..everything says they are the best for that. But in my experience, the best that I tried in the end were the standard nipples. The medela ones and the evenflo comfi. Now, I have tried many bottles trying to steer away from BPA and anything plastic. I finally got the Evenflo Classic glass nursers($5 for three at Target)and use them with the above mentioned nipples (the ones they come with are crap)you have to tighten them tight enough when you shake the formula, then loosen the cap so it'll vent properly (the bubbles rising means it's venting).
When I go out I use the Playtex Drop-ins with a Gerber wide dome nipple. She doesn't do as well with those. Similac is a good brand for us, she uses the organic kind and spits that up less than breastmilk. I think it's because it's the only formula I've found that doesn't add extra lactose.
Good luck! It's all trial and error and a lot more dishes! Thank goodness you have a dishwasher. I'm envious!
OH wow after reading Karen's comment I guess I won't wish for bottling feeding. We feed our son one bottle at night and it takes him about 10-15 mins to do 4 ounces. Maybe he's good at it or something I don't know. I didn't know bottle feeding was so complicated but I guess that is for my parents and mother in law to figure out this week. Ya I'm working full time for a few weeks. It was soooo hard to leave
I hope you start feeling better soon...hopefully the transition goes smoothly...we will be thinking about you...I have no great tips for bottle feeding, Kenzie was on the boob for over 2 years :):) though she was using a sippy by 10-11 months we never did the bottle thing...we will be thinking about you!!
I hope with all that you're having to sacrifice you'll start feeling better quick! I bottle fed both of my boys right from the start so neither of them had any difficulty. I hope sweet little Jack gets used to it soon!
formula really isn't that bad. We used the Avent bottles and they did pretty well with them and they were also on Similac...mostly because that is what WIC gave us :). Eric did better with enfamil, but he adjusted. I would buy several bottles and make formula ahead of time for night feedings especially. Ryan and I use to do rock paper scissors for who would make them. For how long it's taking, maybe you need to change what stage the nipple flow is at? Anywho, good luck!
Im glad you are getting help with your RA. I know others who really suffered with it too. As for the shots, you will get so used to it, I swear I can do my heparin shots in my sleep now!
Good luck with the formula, Ive never used it but Im sure he will adjust, you gotta do what you gotta do!
Good luck Kiz, We are all praying for you.
I'm glad that you are able to take stuff to help you start feeling better. You are one crave girl, I don't know if I would have the nerve to give myself a shot. I hope everything works out good!
What's RA?
Sticking yourself with a needle would suck. You'll have to let us know how that goes. I get light-headed around needles. As for the bottle and taking so long, no, I don't think its normal to take that long. Jonah took forever, but he was "tongue-tied." (That thing under your tongue can be attached too far forward so they can't suck right.) Nolan no problems. But since Jack was fine the other way, I say try to switch nipples to change the flow. Good Luck.
Post a Comment