Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Unborn baby update

Quick update on the new (still yet to be born!!) baby...
I've been contracting since last Thursday, they are anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours apart...annoying, and pretty uncomfortable!
At my appointment we learned that the contractions are at least helping move things along a little, though not as much as I was hoping! (almost 2cm dilated, 90%effaced)
More good news is that I actually lost weight from my last appointment! I'll take that!! :)
They sent me in for a NST (non stress test) at the hospital, and we both passed, so that's good.
My Mom will be flying in on Friday afternoon, so we'll be ready whenever this little stinker decides to stop torturing me!

For now I'm trying to walk. A lot. I've even done things like scrub everything in the bathroom, weed the gardens and pretty much anything else I can think of to get things moving along! It'll be just my luck though to keep contracting until past my due date!
I'm sort of hoping that at my appointment next Monday I'll be progressed way more and they'll just send me on over to the hospital to get this thing out!

7 comments:

The Bears said...

Fun that it's so close. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you can at least hold on til your mom gets to town!

Unknown said...

Oh man Kiz! I'm so jealous...you are 1 cent. less and 10% more effaced now than I was 2 hours after my water broke! Maybe you'll be totally ready to pop this baby out! I'm excited for you. I can't wait to see what this one is like!

Crystal said...

Go get a pedicure or sit in the massage chairs at RCWilleys! That's what sent me into labor with Gavin! Good luck!!

Selissa said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to see him!

Will & Amy said...

Good luck with waiting around...hopefully it'll be sooner than later!

Michelle Claire said...

Kizzie! I so wish I could be back in Utah to see him!!! Hopefully he'll come soon for you... :) I don't like the waiting part... I still have a month to go and it seems like eternity. Honestly. Miss you Kiz!