Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Day, Canning and Boys...

For Pioneer Day we went over to the park here in town for their festivities. There was a pioneer village, Indian teepee's, Farmer's Market, Entertainment, an old Car show and lots of kids crafts and demonstrations. We also went through the Pioneer Museum...it only took us 3 1/2 years of living here to go there! Avery loved it, he kept asking to go to "another house" in the pioneer village, and he liked looking at the things in the museum...but for some reason he was a little scared of the old cars at first.

Last week Mom and I decided to can some jam since peaches were on sale. So without the use of my large burner (which is VERY annoying and almost deserving of it's own post...but I won't let myself actually do it!) we canned 7 pints of peach jam! YUM!! Now I want to can some more!
I think I'll get the stuff from the local Farmer's Market and make some salsa in the next month or so. And that excites me! (Amelia...wanna can Salsa?? :) )

And last night we attempted to get some decent pictures of both boys so I can put together Jack's birth announcements. It's so hard to get a good picture of 2 kids at once! But we got some funny ones. and they'll work for the announcement, I think the boys are cute in their green clothes! Some time when Jack is looking a little less newborn and more alert, and when Avery is a little less energetic (yeah, right!) we'll get some pictures taken.

7 comments:

Jordy said...

We're going to have lots of apricots soon; so, we can have a JAMMING PARTY!!!!

Unknown said...

The boys look adorable in their green! And the jam looks so yummy! :)

Selissa said...

He is still so tiny! They are so cute together.

Chiemi said...

Mmmm that jam looks so yummy! I've never made peach jam, but it sounds really good. Your boys look sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Jackson is still so little! That jam sounds good!

bedelia said...

you can borrow our camera if you want...even crappy pictures somehow look good. Also yes, I do want to make salsa.

Shelly said...

I love the pictures....your boys are adorable.