Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Saint Patrick's Day Recap
Yesterday we wore green, I wanted to do some fun craft with Avery, but we went to the park instead. And then I forgot.
But for breakfast we had something called Boxty, an Irish potato pancake (this is the recipe I used) with toast buttered with green butter and Andy had green milk. Avery wanted nothing to do with that meal, so ate something else. The boxty was actually pretty good, if I made it again I'd just use less salt.
For dinner we had Corned Beef (which I actually isn't a traditional Irish meal, surprise) with carrots, red potatoes, and green jello. And then we had a mint chocolate chip ice cream pie topped with mint oreos, for dessert. I didn't get a picture of any of this, we were too hungry!
Not terribly exciting, but it was fun to try some new recipes. And the boys looked cute. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my gosh! Jack looks so grown up in that last picture!! I know you would do something fun and awesome on St. Patrick's day. Your dinner sounded totally yummy!
Seriously, I can't get over how cute Jack is.
Way to go for the green! One year I made green mac and cheese for the kids. It was fun.
Thanks for stopping by my blog for the giveaway!
Looks like fun... I am a St. Patty's day Grinch... didn't even wear green...
You are the worlds best mom, wife, and teacher. You make bread, organize shelves, do crafts, what can't you do? You Rock. I do remember one thing you didn't do was call me:( Thats ok but do call when you have time I want to chat bout FHE lessons.
jack totally looks like he is 2 years old in that picture. Every year my mom always always made corned beef, cabbage, and parsley potatoes. I have yet to do so, even tho, every year I crave parsley potatoes like crazy. btw, thank you thank you for digital scrapbook stuff, and I have made some pages, I'll post them sometime!
Sounds Yummy! Wish I was there. We ended up having potato salad and vegging in front of the TV. I bought Pot 'o' Gold to watch but I am the only one that would watch it!
Post a Comment