Friday, March 13, 2009

He loves a party

Avery is REALLY into birthday parties lately. It seems like there's been one after another since January. And he loves it. If you ask him when his birthday is he'll proudly shout "at June!" and then tell you Jack's birthday party is in July. He's already excited!

Last night for our Relief Society Enrichment we had a birthday party(can I just say I'm SO glad it over...now onto next month's activity!), so after it was over I brought one of the party hats home for Avery. He's been wearing it off and on all morning, walking around telling me he's wearing his "birthday party hat".

We have some cake leftover from Chris' birthday cake he brought over, so I decided to let Avery have a mini party this morning. So for his snack he had a piece of cake and wore his hat. Then he made me sing the Happy Birthday song over and over. To all sorts of different people and objects. He was pretty excited though.

Here he is, at his un-birthday party. Happy as ever.

4 comments:

Chiemi said...

Awww what nice Mom you are. I love that he is so into birthdays!

bedelia said...

I was just thinking what a good mom you are. You always have such great fun ideas that you actually implement. this reminded me of a talk by Elder ballard in the last April conference about enjoying the moment. Anyways, way to go Kizzie. Avery and Jack are lucky to have you as a mom.

Andrea said...

Cute. Kids are so fun.

Unknown said...

Haha! That's adorable. I guess you won't be able to skip having cake ever again! And I'll sure be glad when our RS birthday party is over too! Even though I'm only in charge of decorating.