Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Busy...busy...

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. After my last post Mom and I had about a week before we were flooded with more family for our reunion and Jack's baby blessing, so we had quite a bit to keep us busy getting ready for that. We also decided to go up to Salt Lake on Sunday (the 27th) to visit with Uncle Jack for a bit, we had a really nice visit and Avery loved running around in Jack's yard.

We spent the rest of the week making lists of people, food, and activities, playing online settlers, sewing a blessing outfit and matching shirt for Avery(pictures to follow soon), we weeded my front and back garden, probably shopped a little, went to a park (or two) and played some more settlers!

Then sometime in the wee morning hours on Thursday Dad and Keenan got here, Friday was supposed to be sort of relaxing while we waited for everyone else ("everyone else" was - Gram and Grandpa Hoyle, Jill and girls, Silas and Robyn, Josh and Brittany, Sarah and Kevin and Kris and kids) to get into town...then Sarah and Kevin's van broke down 40 miles away and that threw our whole day off, but it was still a good day. We did manage to can 17 jars of dill pickles in the morning though!

Saturday was our main reunion day, it was fun at the park, we ate a lot, visited, the kids played in the sprinkler and the boys (and Brittany and Alicia) played football.

Sunday was Jack's blessing and blessing luncheon, which turned out really great. We had a
great turn out for the blessing and Andy did such a great job, the blessing was beautiful!
We rented a party room at the Super 8, it was nice to have somewhere everyone could sit indoors for the luncheon, then we kept the room for the evening for an extension of the reunion.

Monday we (Mom, Dad, Keenan and me and the boys) went to Temple Square in the morning, it was a lot of fun. Avery loved helping Grandpa push the stroller and he loved how much water was on Temple Square.
Then we came back to meet everyone for lunch at Golden Corral, and went up the Canyon afterwards and hung out at a park for a couple hours until everyone from out of town had to head back to Missouri/Washington/etc.Jack Hoyle and Jack Westover (my great uncle who Jack is named after)


Mom and Dad had to come back to finish packing, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to have Mom leave, she'd been here for 3 weeks and Avery and I have gotten used to having her here to hang out with. So yeah...I cried a lot. I'm going to say my emotions are still out of whack from having a baby, and leave it at that! Avery was pretty upset that Gramma was leaving without him. This morning he came down stairs and thought she was hiding from him, it was so cute and sad. I think it'll only take a couple days for him to get used to it, but at least today he kept asking where Gramma went. Ugh! I hate living so far away from family! Today was the first time I fed Avery breakfast since Mom got here...!

Anyway, we're trying to get back to normal, sort of. two kids is a lot different than 1! I had to go to the post office this morning so I took our monkey backpack for Avery so I could keep him close while I carried the car seat too. When we got in there he was jerking around so much that the leash part of the backpack kept pulling my arm while I was trying to fill out the address label, then he took his sandals off, threw them across the lobby, laid down on the floor and proceeded to spin in circles and squeal the entire time.
So I think we'll stay home for a while. How do you do it with more than one kid!?!?!?

I'll probably post some random pictures, from Mom's visit, over the next few days.

13 comments:

Tam said...

Looks like you had a great time.

How do you do it with two little ones? Double stroller. . it goes EVERYWHERE with us when we have more than one little bug. I know they can be bulky and even a little pricey. . .but it's SO worth it for peace of mind.

Your boys are so cute!!!

Rusti said...

I totally agree with the stroller! Saved my life- I don't care how big the thing was.

Mostly though, I saved shopping trips and such until RJ was home.

Hope you enjoy some down time!

The Bears said...

Congrats on the baby blessing. I was hoping to catch your family while so many of them were in town. Oh well. I guess you'll just have to have another baby soon. J/K! Hope you are doing great.

Joleen said...

We had fun, didn't we? I guess my emotions are still out of whack from my last baby, too (17 years!) :) It was very hard to leave. I miss you all. Give Avery a baby hug for me.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

wow Kiz, did you put the entire reunion together yourself?? Good job! Looks like you all had a great time. It is a hard adjustment from 1 to 2 kids....it will eventually get easier, just take it slow right now!! good luck!

Andrea said...

You have been busy! Cute pics, looks like it was a great time!

Selissa said...

That looks like it had a lot of fun! I wish I had been there. 2 will get easier after awhile. Good luck!

Chiemi said...

Amen on what Tam said on the double stroller. It is a total lifesaver. I don't know what I'd do without it.

It looks like you had a great family reunion! FUN FUN FUN!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really have been busy. I'll tell you how I did it with two kids. I just didn't go anywhere. Having a baby is pretty much my excuse not to do ANYTHING for at least a couple of months, let alone plan and carry out a family reunion. You're amazing! (What am I going to do once I'm done having babies? I'll have to come up with some other excuse.)
~Jacque

bedelia said...

2 does get easier, but I don't know about the double stroller business especially for a short trip to the post office seems like more work to get it in and out than it's worth. Besides the fact, one or the other of mine is not content with being in the stroller so I end up pushing the bulky thing with one hand and driving with the other. I guess all kids are different. Mostly, I've decided you just have to not be embarrassed when your 2 year old is screaming on the floor and people are looking/acting like you are a horrible mother. sorry this is so long and I hope you feel better soon and get to come over.

bedelia said...

not "driving," with the other hand, carrying a kid with the other hand.

Anonymous said...

Kizzie...I thought being within 10 pounds of my pre marriage weight was impossible but after this...I am going to keep on going. I am wporking out and I love it and eating healthy feels soooo good. You live in Provo right?

bedelia said...

Oh bye the way, I think it is crazy and awesome you put jack under the basket.