This week tell us about your favorite or least favorite job that you've had OUTSIDE of the home (we know the hardest job is being a Mom). Or just take a minute to document the jobs you've had.

My first "job" was helping out at a place called Harper House, it was quaint little Tea Room in an old Victorian house, that served some of the yummiest food ever! I was about 14 when I started and helped them out off and on for about 3 years catering weddings and serving in the house. I had so much fun working with the owners, and talking to all the little old ladies that came in for tea and lunch. And the food we got to eat was an added bonus!

When I was 17 I worked at Baskin Robbins for a while. It was not fun. The owner was crazy. Really. That's pretty much it. I was glad when I was done there.
Then I decided to stop working for a while. Maybe that's irresponsible, but I baby sat a lot for family and other people at church, and I was still helping out at The Harper House too. Not that I have to explain myself for not having a job when I was a teenager!!

When I was 18 I started working at Holiday Inn as a housekeeper. Not fun. I hated cleaning up after strangers, I mean really, who knows what was dine in some of those rooms! I never knew what I was going to find when I opened the door! But I enjoyed the people I worked with, and after about 2 months I was promoted to front desk, and I LOVED that, I worked there until we got married! It was so fun talking to people from all over. And since we were in church history central we had church history tour buses coming on a weekly basis, so it was fun working those nights talking to all the Mormon tourists! : ) That as probably the job I enjoyed the most, it lacked the yummy food of Harper House, but it was a blast!
Then when we moved out here I got a horrible job that lasted a year and a half...I can't believe I made it that long.

I worked at Quickdown.com, it was a phone job calling Loan Officers. All day. Blah. But it helped pay the bills I guess. It was just horrible! But..again, I met some of my best friends there. So that made it worth it I guess!!
Then I had a baby, and now I get to stay home and play!!
So
best job...Holiday Inn, front desk clerk. LOVED talking to all the people that stayed over night, we had regulars that were so fun and I loved working with the tour buses!
worst...Quickdown. Hated it. I still hate using the phone, and I blame it on that job!!
5 comments:
I am a HUGE Law & Order fan and so I have always been scared to ever work at a hotel and especially in housekeeping. They're the ones that always find the bodies or murder scenes. You're brave to have done that! I love that you update your blog like more than once a week. You're my top blogger!
"Do you do FHA loans? Can I please talk to a load officer?"
"Hi, my name is _______ and I work for Quickdown.com. We're a downpayment assistant program similar to Nehemian and Ameridream. Are you familiar with those programs? Great! Well we operate the same way except we are better for 2 reasons..."
Is that about right? Haha, I've been gone for 3 years and it's still burned into my memory. But playing games during break and writing in the secret book and eating a bunch of candy was fun, right? =)
I love reading these!
That was really fun to read. I've always been scared of hotel housekeeping for the same reason that fiona stated! I want to blog about my past jobs now!
I think it must be a requirement for Baskin Robbins owners to be crazy. I worked there in High School and loved the idea of the job but the owners were crazy and made it awful for everyone that worked there.
Post a Comment