and then...
At about 2:30 or so this past Friday afternoon Andy surprised me by coming home from work early and bringing me flowers! How sweet is that?! What's even greater is he also told me he got the job he interviewed for that same morning! Yay!
A new position opened up in Andy's department at work a about a week ago, so he applied. It would be the same hours, but more responsibility (which I think he'll like, he's found himself with more "down time" than he'd like) and better pay. He interviewed for it Friday morning and called to let me know it was over and the interview went well, or at least it wasn't bad! They just said they'd let people know by the first of the week. needless to say we could really use this job and the added income! So we were very happy they let us know so quickly!
We're hoping that this job will be flexible enough to work out still when he goes back to school in the fall, but if not, we'll be able to save a bunch (baring any major unseen financial upsets) before fall and he'll get something that will work with his class schedule.
I've come to terms with the fact that I'll basically be a single mother with 2 kids for the next 2 years, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting brighter!It makes me very grateful for Andy and all that he's doing to support us now, and the sacrifices he's making to be able to support our family in the future as well. I couldn't have asked for a better husband!
4 comments:
That's good to hear about the job! I admire women like you that have to hold down the fort with children while their husbands are away. It's tough and only good women can handle it. (that's you!) How is Brittney and Josh doing? Are they still in MO?
Congratulations to you guys and good luck with everything! It sounds like your world is going to be very exciting for a while to come!
Sometimes, I want to leave a comment but can't think of anything clever...so just pretend this was clever. And congrats.
Tell your hubby congrats.. that's great news!
Post a Comment