Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TTA - Collections

This weeks Tuesday Tell All is about collections -
"What collections did you have as a child? What do you collect now. This week share with us some of your treasures from the past or present."

Does "stuff" count?
When I was younger I sort of collected porcelain dolls, they all got pretty ratty and were taking up a ton of space, so I got rid of them. It was a little hard for me, so they sat in a box for a long time before I said goodbye to them! :) But I do have a picture of them...


Now I collect fabric and other sewing and crafting items. I have 2 huge totes full of fabric and several smaller ones with various notions in them. I also have a whole shelf of just scrap
booking stuff. I love making new things, so I'm always looking out for fun fabric (or free, thank you freecycle!!), and patterns to try.

One other thing I like to "gather" is holiday decorations. Anything from window stickies and wall decor to plates and napkins. I have stuff for every holiday pretty much. I love decorating for holidays. It's so fun for me. I love hitting up the after (insert any holiday here) sales.

That's about it, I don't have any huge collections of anything really. I try not to let things get cluttered, so unless it's got real sentimental value we don't hang onto things too long. That makes us sounds heartless...Andy might be! :) Just kidding! We just don't want to lose too much space in our already shrinking house!

No comments: