How does time go so fast? Avery is 18 months now, he went to Nursery for the first time last Sunday. We both had a hard time with that, it'll take some getting used to! He's just getting too big!
He also had his 18 month well check today. He's weighing in at 25 ounces 9 ounces and 33.5 ".
The Dr. was impressed with all the fun things Avery can do and say. Of course he's an amazing little boy, so who wouldn't be impressed!?
When I got home Andy came home for his lunch break (by the way, have I mentioned how much I love that!? Lunch breaks help the days seem manageable!) so we decided to make a list of all the words Avery can say, I guessed around 25. I was SO wrong! This kid learns a new word every day it seems. So here's a list, some are animal sounds...do those count as words?? You don't have to read it, but we think he's pretty cool for being able to say all of these! Of course they don't all sound exactly right, but I understand what he's saying, and every day he gets closer to the pronunciation. It's so fun listening to him!
banana
cheese
cookie
cracker
chicken
toast
water
juice
milk
hi
bye
cape
out
no
uh-oh
yeah
oh wow
alright
ready go
stairs
bath
teeth
mom
dad
lights
santa
christmas tree
ho ho ho
baby
sock
shoe
jacket
blanket
car
brrr
buckle
chair
ball
book
cow
moo
meow
woof
quack
cold
baa (sheep)
cheep(bird)
thank you
wash cloth
diaper
oatmeal
snack
elmo
please
george(the monkey)
We just think he's a little genius! I just can't believe how much he's turning into a little boy!
Alright, that's it for my Avery brag, for now anyway!!
3 comments:
Kids are just amazing. I remember those feelings with Annie, and luckily they are the same with each new child to join the family. (you do feel like a total moron however, when the more kids you have the less you remember when they are supposed to hit each milestone.) hehehe!
Ahhhh so fun! It's so cool to hear all the neat new things they learn every single day.
Very good vocabulary!! I got your card...it is so cute!
Post a Comment