Last night I played bunco, for the first time, with a local Mom's group I'm a part of. It was a lot of fun. We played, ate and chatted for over 2 hours...with NO kids!! It was the first time in a long time I've gotten out without Avery. I loved it.
I'd never even heard of bunco until I moved out here and now I hear people talking about their "bunco group's" all the time.
I can't wait until next month! I'm excited to have something to do, where I get out of the house and interact with other adults. I felt almost human last night!!
I am curious what others opinions are about bunco. I've heard a lot of people say that they won't play because it's gambling and what not. Maybe it's because I've never gambled, but I don't see how you could bet on a game like bunco. Unless for some reason the prizes for highest score, most buncos and lowest score are somehow gambling. So I'm interested to know what you think about it. Would you (or do you) play, and if not is it because it's gambling in some way?
6 comments:
I love it and I used to play in a group when Maggie was a baby.
I have got to find a Bunco group so I can experience the wonder-- Bunco girls always rave about it. And I think if you can't even figure out how to gamble with it, you're probably safe! :)
To me if you are gambling you have a chance to lose something, but with Bunco Nights everyone wins in my opinion. I use to be in one several years ago. In ours everyone won a prize at the end. Of course some got "better" prizes but the best part of the evening was just hanging out and eating with a bunch of women. Man, that was fun. I'm kind of jealous. What would it be like to feel human again? haha. Someday my kids are gonna grow up though and I'm gonna miss these days.
I play Bunco and love it! Everyone gets a prize. Every month we change what order we go in to pick our prize. But like you, I mostly love just getting out on my own and conversing with adults. :)
I play and I LOVE it!! Been with my group for 2 and a half years!
We might need to see a belly pic soon, so get ready! :)
That sounds like a lot of fun! I looked up an overview on google. :)
I don't think I could get enough people to play here though...what a bummer!
Post a Comment