This year we took the boys trick-or-treating for the first time. We usually just do the ward trunk-or-treat, or in Utah we took them to the mall where they passed out candy from all the stores. But since we live in an actual neighborhood we decided to go for it. So my sister and her family came and we had a yummy Halloween dinner and then left the teenagers to pass out candy so the parents and littles could go door to door. For dinner I made some "mummy dogs", "rotten apple punch", and then we have some artisan bread topped with all sorts of yumminess. I wish we had leftovers. : )
I don't think Avery and Jack quite understood what we meant when we told them we were going trick-or-treating, it didn't take long for them to figure it out. After the first house Jack came running back to me shouting that he got candy, then asked if we were going home now. I told him no, we're going to more houses to get candy. His response was an excited squeal and an exclamation of "there are more houses!?" Avery loved running around collecting candy with Rebekah, and Bella was awesome for taking the kids to the doors as we parents stood back and watched.I think my favorite part of the whole experience was Jack running in his gnome costume. He kind of has a skip/hop/jaunty run, which was absolutely perfect for his costume, he was the cutest frolicking gnome out there! It was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing every time he ran. Which was quite often since he was so excited he could barely stand to just walk. You could also hear Jack yelling "Trick-or-treat!" very loudly at each door, and about 2 second after the rest of the kids! Avery and Rebekah proudly came skipping back to us after each house exclaiming "We said thank you!". Every. house. : )
The boys were so excited to be out showing off their costumes and trick-or-treating, I loved every minute of it. They also got quite the load of candy, so I think we'll be stashing some of it for stockings come Christmas!
I loved Halloween this year more than the last few I think, the boys were so excited about it and I love their costumes. Kids make just about everything more fun...especially when they're cute! : )



No comments:
Post a Comment