Thursday, November 17, 2011

Smarty Pants

Avery is our little smarty pants, he takes after his dad and catches onto things very quickly and remembers everything! (Jack is also very smart, I'm not saying he's not. Avery just does more now that he's in school)
He's LOVING Kindergarten and his teacher is very impressed with how smart he is.
This week we spent a couple days in Columbia, MO. While the boys and I were hanging out in the motel while Andy was at a work conference Avery worked on writing his very own book.
When we came home we stapled it together and he finished writing the words to his book.

 
 
He asked me how to spell a couple words, but did the rest on his own. And don't worry. after he finished and showed it to me I did let him know the proper order to write on the page. He gets confused, but sometimes I think it's cute and funny to see where it makes sense to him to squeeze letters onto pages when he runs out of room.

I let him pick his favorite pages to include in this blog post. He's very proud of his book, and even took it to school today to show his teacher and friends. He's also started sounding words out everywhere we go, he's gotten pretty good and trying out the longer and harder words. It's fun for us to see him so excited about reading, writing and all other school related things!

No comments: