We don't mind the chandelier in the dining room, but I've never liked the look of the exposed light bulbs.
So I've been on the lookout for mini lamp shades. The problem I've run into is either stores don't have enough, or online shops are too expensive. Especially since I wanted to be able to get plain ones to re-cover.While we were at Menards the other day we lucked out and found plain ol' mini lampshades, cheap. Awesome. I already knew what fabric I wanted to use and since I'd re-covered the lamps in our room I pretty much knew what to do.
so after a quick refresher course in re-covering the shades I got to it this morning.
And I'm glad to be done! I'm very happy with how they look, and love how finished it makes the dining room. I was surprised at how much it changed the lighting in there, it's much softer now. Not bad, just not as bright. Now I need to get some more fabric and re-cover the chairs!
No comments:
Post a Comment