Today I finished Nora's quilt. I'm pretty happy with it. I did it all by myself, which makes me feel pretty good!
I hand quilted most of it, then used the machine and "cheated" to sew the appliqued flowers and the binding. The tips of my fingers were too sore to do anymore hand sewing! I still like it though, and Andy assures me it will be better and stronger machine stitched so the binding doesn't get ripped off.
I had 2 thoughts when he mentioned this. First: He thinks I can't hand sew very well,lame. And second: He thinks our daughter is going to come out a baby body builder and just tear through stuff. The jury's still out on which I think he meant.
Anyway. It also matches the car seat that my cousin re-covered for me. I bought all the fabric at the same time, and I love it! She did an amazing job, and it's so much better than the boyish gray/red fabric that was on there as the original cover. She even make a bonus little elephant baby toy to match. Spoiled little Nora. :)
AND with some of the scraps I also made a matching diaper/wipes case. I may have gone a bit overboard with this fabric. oh well. : )
She just better come out a she now and not have been hiding extra body parts during the ultrasound! Otherwise we'll have very girly boy stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment