Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mommy and Avery's day out

Yesterday Avery and I met up with Amelia and her boys at the library for a Children's Book Festival. It was fun after we made it through the speaker. Who's idea was it to have a speaker at a thing for kids? sheesh.

Anyway, we left Jack at home with a sick Dad (Andy's better now thankfully!) and had a little fun of our own.Avery got his face painted, he got to pick a free book(Just me and my Mom by mercer mayer. Quite appropriate for our day I thought), made a bookmark and a pin. He had a lot of fun, then we went out to lunch.
He got a happy meal which I was quite disappointed with, McDonalds doesn't have toys right now in their happy meals? What the...?! He got a lame CD he'll never listen to. But he was excited anyway.It was fun doing something with just Avery, I don't get to do that very often, he's so much fun. It reminded me of before Jack was born and it was just Avery and me, we were buddies and did everything together(obviously). We sure do love Jack though, but one at a time sure is easy!

5 comments:

bedelia said...

Yeah, I wish I could hang out one on one with my boys more. Not just Jonah but Nolan too now, since his personality is coming out so much.

Chiemi said...

Aww that looks like it was so much fun!! I love the book he picked out.

Michelle Claire said...

Oh, I know what you mean about th cd's!!! My kids actually loved it... but they put the same exact CD in ALL of their meals. What?! So, I've got three copies of the same cd... it's not like I can "accidentally" lose ALL 3 of them!! Looks like you had fun though... I'm excited to see you guys again!

Unknown said...

You are such a fun Mommy! It looks like Avery had a blast.

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

you should have asked for an age 3 and under toy. They don't always have them and they aren't exactly amazing, but hey they gotta be better than 5 lame kids bop songs.