Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birthdays

We've had 2 birthdays since my last real post. Avery turned 6 and Jack is now 4! How on earth did they grow from my teeny tiny babies to big boys?! Both of their birthdays started with a room full of balloons and streamers hanging from the doorway, all done while they were asleep, a new tradition we're trying out.
 


When I asked Avery what he wanted for his birthday dinner he asked for Hawiian Haystacks (we called them Chinese Sundaes growing up, not sure when I switched...), that is his favorite meal and the only way I can get him to eat rice. Bonus for me that it's literally one of the easiest meals ever! We also had chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday breakfast before heading out to Branson for a Westover family mini vacation.

I also asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He was very quick with his answer. He wanted a chocolate cake with white frosting, there was to be a smiley face on it with the features made out of chocolate chips and it needed to say "Happy Birthday Avery" with some 6's on it. And sprinkles. I wasn't expecting such a detailed answer. : )

We had his birthday party in Branson with all the Westover family that went with us, he was pleased with his cake and had so much fun celebrating with cousins!
Jack turned 4 this summer, I think that he has late onset terrible 2's. : )
 Jack requested German pancakes with chocolate chips, regular pancakes and frosting for his birthday dinner, bacon and juice also. And since I'm in the business of making my kids dreams com true I did my best to make it happen .We did end up compromising with plain german pancakes, and chocolate chip pancakes. Frosting was included. We definitely didn't need dessert after that meal!


He struggled with his cake choice. First he wanted one exactly like Avery's. But he thought about it for a while and decided on chocolate cake with green and blue frosting and a sunshine. Andy added a little snoopy dog and dog house for fun. Jack liked that a lot!

We had a family birthday party at our house for Jack, lots of cousins and aunts and uncles were here, Grandma and Grandpa Westover came too.

It was a good birthday season for the boys, they always love celebrating with family!

We love what nice sweet boys they are growing into. They are both so helpful around the house (sometimes they need some convincing...and bribery), they love their baby sister and are so nice and gentle with her. They are polite and friendly and they love each other. That's probably my favorite thing about them right now. How much they love each other. This past Sunday the primary sang in sacrament meeting and it melted my heart to see my little boys holding hands on their way to the stand and back. I love that they are best friends and really hope that they continue to be close as they get older.

Happy Birthday to my boys! I love you so so much!

No comments: