Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday weekend

It's been 10 days since Andy's birthday, I just keep forgetting to post about it.

He was able to take his birthday off work, so we had a nice long, relaxing weekend. Earlier in the week I had asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he had a few ideas but I couldn't decide which to do. So we had a birthday dinner every night that week. It was very yummy, not very healthy since all of his special dinner ideas are things we don't do often because they're heavier meals. The week after we scaled back and had light meals! It sort of balanced it out... : )
On his birthday we went and picked out a new BBQ, and he spent most of the afternoon putting it together, it was a fun day though, just hanging out at home.

On Saturday we went to Costco and a few other places down in "the city". It was fun, and busy, and the boys were so happy they didn't have to take naps!

One of the things the boys got for Christmas from Andy's parents was a set of star wars cookie cutters, so for Andy's birthday dessert the boys and I made him star wars sugar cookies, they were pretty cute.
I've never had much luck getting sugar cookies just right, usually I roll them too thin then they end up crispy. Lucky for us this time they were just right! And Avery and Jack had a blast cutting out star wars characters.

I think Andy had a nice weekend, he got some new star wars items for his collection (NOT toys :) ), a new game for the PS3 and some nice things from his family members. I think year 28 has started well for him! 

No comments: