Sunday, April 05, 2009

New recipes

This week we tried a couple new recipes (from dealstomeals.com, there's also a deals to meals blog), first a recipe called 'Smothered Chicken', really easy and so yummy.

Smothered Chicken
Garlic powder and seasoned salt to taste
1 T. vegetable oil
Button mushrooms, cut in halves
1 c. shredded cheese blend
½ c. chopped green onions
½ c. real bacon bits
½ c. tomatoes
1 bottle BBQ sauce

Flatten chicken to ¼ in. thick. Sprinkle with seasonings. In skillet brown chicken in oil for 4 min. Cook in separate pan mushrooms and bacon until done. Top cooked chicken with BBQ sauce, mushrooms, bacon, green onions and cheese. Cover and cook until chicken is done and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes (with cheese, garlic and sour cream and lots of butter!)


The other was a 'Fettuccini Alfredo Chicken Pizza', also very very good.We topped it with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
This one would also still be great without the chicken, it was good, but there was enough other yummy stuff on it that I wouldn't have missed the chicken.

Needless to say both recipes will be seen at our house again (and again...).
I did not take pictures, I thought about it. So you'll have to try the recipes to see how they look. :)

3 comments:

Chiemi said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try both.

Unknown said...

If I ate chicken, I would eat this for sure! :)
The pizza sounds good. I have an amazing crust recipe (soon to be posted on our new blog!) and usually put spinach on my alfredo pizza as well and the a fore mentioned toppings.

bedelia said...

Sick, you eat fungus...Actually these sound pretty good. I think I'll try them minus the fungus.