Thursday, January 08, 2009

Crinkle toys

This morning as I was unloading our tons and tons of canned food we bought to re-stock our pantry, stuffing all the crinkly environment killing bags together, I was inspired and decided to try and recycle the bags in a creative way.

Behold, homemade crinkly toys for Jack. Not that he needs more toys that crinkle. Or more toys, period. But it made it gave me some time to feel creative. (I sewed several layers of plastic between scraps of fabric, turned them right side out and Voila!)

Now if only I had a use for the 20 other plastic shopping bags stuffed under my sink!! :)

6 comments:

bedelia said...

awesome. Here is what you should do with your bags. Make bags.
http://etsylabs.blogspot.com/2007/05/long-overdue-fusing-plastic-bag.html

or make a dress of jacket
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/06/diy_plastic_bag.php
I hope these links work.

Rebecca Blevins said...

That is really cool! My kids all loved crinkly toys when they were little.

I think you should open your own shop for baby toys! Have you made any more felt food?

Selissa said...

That is such a cool idea!

Amy Snell said...

your so creative Kizzie!! love it!!

Robyn said...

Very neat!

LindySummers said...

KIzzie you need to start a blog that is just full of all you crafty ideas.