Monday, January 05, 2009

Word for 2009

I've seen some other bloggers picking a word for the year; simplify, patience, peace, love, experience, etc.
Something to just keep in the back of your mind throughout the year, to think about when you're planning things, or just doing every day tasks.
So I decided to jump on the band wagon and pick a word, instead of making a list of New Years Resolutions, which I'm really never good at anyway!

So, my word is -Dictionary: Complete, tr.v., -plet·ed, -plet·ing, -pletes.
  1. To bring to a finish or an end
  2. To make whole, with all necessary elements or parts
I am easily distracted by grandiose ideas I have, starting them and then getting another "more exciting" idea, so I want to work harder this year on completing.
Completing my short term goals.
Completing tasks.
Completing projects.

This is something I want to keep in mind when I come up with a new idea "will I complete this?"

I also want to more completely enjoy every moment. Especially with my family and friends. Time passes so quickly and through rough times I find myself wishing and hoping for tomorrow, next week or next year. When "everything will be different and better", "School will be done", "Avery will be potty trained", etc. And I find myself glossing over the things happening now.

My hope is that throughout the year I can experience more completely, and complete more so that by the end of the year I can say I completed this year to the best of my ability and enjoyed every moment!

{Check out Tip Junkie's Word of the year 2009 & Giveaway post to do this yourself and get a chance to win an adorable custom pendant necklace with your word on it!}

6 comments:

Selissa said...

That is a good word Kiz! Good luck with that.

michelle said...

I love having a word for the year! Great choice!

Andy said...

that's pretty deep. :-)

Tara Bennett said...

What a great word. May your 09 be filled with opportunities to complete all that you desire!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Hi! I came over from Tip Junkie. Love the post about "complete". Happy New Year!

The Bears said...

Great post Kizzy. Good luck. I hope we can both succeed this year.