Friday, January 16, 2009

Weekend getaway...

...sort of!

We're headed out this afternoon to go visit my brother and has family for a couple days. Avery is excited to see his cousins, hopefully the a little boys together are more tame then they were a few months ago! All the running and shouting gets a little crazy!! :) Avery gets bored for a day or two after we've been down there. I guess I'm not quite as exciting as little boys!

We always have fun going down there, playing games and eating too much!


Last night was the Glass Etching enrichment, which I'm happy to report went REALLY well. We had a great turn out and everyone's dishes turned out adorable!
A lot of sisters brought their casserole dishes, but some of the other things that were brought were vases, a treat jar, a chips/dip bowl (I think!), and a penny jar.
It was so easy and I think everyone enjoyed it. Now to plan next month's activity...!

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

Have fun on your little trip! Congrats on the successful activity!

bedelia said...

Now we are stuck playing online settlers, bummer. Jordan stayed late at school so I'm gonna have to mooch of you for some glass etching.

Jon and Jacque said...

Have a great trip and happy B-day!

Heather Lynne said...

I am glad to hear it went well! I'll have to get all the "Nitty Gritty" from you later! Have a fun trip!

Shelly said...

It's always fun to get away, even for a short trip. I will have to try that etching now.