Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Our OCD baby...

Can it start this early!?

Avery is a funny boy. He does several things that make us laugh every time he does it. I noticed it a couple weeks ago when I was in the kitchen and left a drawer partially open. He promptly walked up to it, closed it, said "thank you" and walked away. So I tried it a few more times with more drawers, cupboard doors, the pantry door, our entertainment center...pretty much anything that opens.
If he sees that it's open he'll stop whatever he's doing and close it. And of course he always says "thank you". The only time it's a problem is when he tried to close something while I have my hand in it. Like the fridge. Yesterday he was pushing the door so hard to shut it while I was getting something out I had to jump out of the way!
Other things he does -
If he steps on a crumb (which never happens because I'm an impeccable homemaker!), he will sit down and hold his foot up and wipe it off until the offending article is removed. he does the same things with his hands, sometimes it takes quite a while for him to eat lunch! He just doesn't like foreign objects on his hands/feet

The other night he was walking around with Andy's gloves on, after a while of struggling to finally getting them on he noticed a piece of lint on one of the gloves. So of course he took both gloves off to get the lint off one of them, then struggled to get them back on.
He also loves to throw things away. Which is great most of the time. He'll find little treasures in the couch or on the floor and run for the trash. Sometimes he'll try and take things from us to toss before we're done with it.

He ALWAYS says "thank you" when he does one of these things. It's so funny. I can tell when something is bothering him too. Who knew something like an open drawer would bother an 18 month old!
He just likes things put away and tidy I guess...except for his toys!

It's so fun to watch Avery grow up and become a little person. He talks so much now, he can make lots of animal noises and loves to talk about Christmas lights. I have so much fun playing with him, he loves to play patty cake and itsy bisty spider and can do most of the hand things for them and some of the words too. He loves reading books, we went to the library and got him some fun books, we read them all...twice when we got home.
He learns some new trick or word every day. My favorite is when I tell him I love him and he says it back. I don't think he knows fully what it means, but it mealts my heart! He's growing up so fast!
Alright, that's enough for now. I just think he's so cute. I could talk about him all day!

4 comments:

bedelia said...

My sister has a kid that's OCD like that too. Jonah could care less the slob...Jonah must have got that from Jordan.

Rusti said...

Aww! He's such a sweet little guy! How funny that he's so particular about doors and such. You should get a recording of him doing that. So cute!

Jordy said...

Make sure no one steals our car, too. And my sister wants to know how you make those tu-tu's. This is amelia not jordan.

Crystal said...

That's just so cute!!