Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas lights and Santa

Last night we drove around a neighborhood here in town that has HUGE houses and most of them are decked out with Christmas lights. I don't know what I like more, the houses or the lights!
There's one house that looks like it could be in Pride and Prejudice, Andy and I just call it Pemberly. I want to live there...or just walk through it!

As far as lights this house takes the cake. It's crazy, there are TONS of little light up statues and palm trees and what not!! Would I ever do it to my house? No. But it sure is fun to look at on someone else's house!

We want to drive around some more later in the week and check out other neighborhoods. Avery loves the Christmas lights too, it's so fun hearing him from the back seat talking about the lights and saying "oh wow" and other adorable things.

On to Santa...Avery loves to say "ho ho ho" when he sees santa on tv, in books or on random things in walmart. He'll ho ho ho for us on demand, it's great. He just loves Christmas this year, it makes everything so exciting for us.
We decided to take him to the mall to meet Santa for real! Last year he did great, he wanted to play with Santa's beard and had no problem sitting on his lap. So I thought with him being older and the fact that he seems to love Santa, he would have fun seeing him. Wrong.
He liked him from a distance, but as soon as we put him on Santa's lap his face just crumbled and he started crying as if I'd abandoned him. He stopped crying after a second but still kept looking around worried and every once in a while he would make a really sad face.
Of course I had to snap some pictures! (The mall here lets you take your own pictures if you don't want to pay $15 for one picture!) Santa was good about it all though, I'm sure he gets a lot of screamers!
Avery did like the bells Santa was wearing.

Maybe next year he'll like it a little more!

Merry Christmas! I can't believe there are only a few more days! I'm SOO excited!!

No comments: