Wednesday, August 10, 2011

They say it's a she : )

So...I posted a while back that we're expecting baby #3. Thus the lack of blogging and my attempts at catching up! We're very excited, of course.

We didn't tell the boys, or anyone else, for a few weeks after we found out. We had hoped to make it longer before telling, but my body quickly decided it knew what was going on and wanted everyone who looked at me to figure out quickly that I'm pregnant. So we told people our happy news earlier than planned!
At our first appointment the baby was a little stinker (which seems to be a trend) and the Dr. couldn't find the heartbeat so we were lucky and got to see it on ultrasounds. The boy were so excited to see our little baby on the computer and even more excited that we got to bring a picture home with us!
On August 1st we had our big ultrasound appointment. Even before I was pregnant Avery asked for a "girl baby". So after we told him we were having a baby he has insisted this whole time that it is a girl, and if we suggested otherwise (saying things like "we don't know know what Heavenly Father will send us yet, but if it's a boy we'll love it just the same" to which he would reply very seriously "But I've been asking for a girl baby.").
We loved being able to see the baby moving around in there, and hear the heartbeat. And luckily for Avery the technician (2 actually, since the first wasn't 100% positive, the baby wasn't helping at all on that one. She's was being much too modest!) confirmed his wishes, and we're having a girl!
Avery was grinning from ear to ear at the news, we all were really, but he was especially excited!
It still hasn't sunk in for me, I think it'll take a little more than a week. We're very excited though, and have already started thinking about names. Shopping for girl stuff is a little overwhelming so far, we haven't really bought anything...there's just so much more girl things than boy stuff! I'm used to boy stuff...! : )
I haven't really taken many belly pictures, this one here is the only one and it's from almost a month ago. I need to take another to compare...Maybe. :)

3 comments:

sissyann said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!!!

Mother Gooneybird said...

So excited! Trying to figure out how I will get there to meet her in the middle of winter!

The Bears said...

So fun! December babies are the best.