Friday, August 12, 2011

"Back" to school night

Last night was the Kindergarten back to school night at Avery's new school. We loaded up all his school supplies and headed over. I was more nervous than Avery I think.
He got to pick his spot at the table, there are little cubbies underneath his supplies are in. His class room is super cute, and his teacher seems really nice. We also met the principle, and walked around a bit to see where everything is and where we drop him off and pick him up each day. He loved it, and is so so excited to go to school next week.

Somehow I also signed up for volunteer positions in his classroom and parties, and joined the PTSA. not exactly sure how that happened! : ) I'll be glad to be involved though, I think it will be good for Avery and me.

Also...with the smiles Avery produces for pictures, I'm a little nervous for school pictures. I foresee some awkward pictures this year! : )

I asked Jack what we're going to do while Avery's in school and he shouted "I'm gonna do school with you at home!". That should be fun, I'm looking forward to some one on one time with Jack, we haven't gotten much of that.

No comments: