Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's Official...

We have a Kindergartener! 
Avery had his first day of school yesterday, and I think he had fun! He loved recess and said it's his favorite, and the only thing he could remember besides that was lunch. Must have been good. His teacher seems super nice and I think he'll make friends pretty quickly. Later in the day he did remember that he went to PE and the library. Maybe his memory will improve!
It was much easier for me than I thought, I made it through dropping him off before I cried at all. Jack and I distracted ourselves with a morning of shopping, that seemed to work out pretty well. We'll try not to make a habit of it! : )
I think for Avery the biggest adjustment at first will be nap time. He still takes a nap at home and I soon found out that "rest time" was not enough to make him happy and rested for the evening. There were several melt downs, it was sad. Sonic and a trip to the library and Daddy's office helped a little bit.
Today was better, but I made him rest with me when we got home. I'm sure he'll get used to it, it'll just take a bit of time.

The other cute thing is that he slips up and sometimes refers to teachers and the principal as "Brother" or "Sister" so-and-so. I guess we'll have to talk about the difference between church and school, so the teachers don't get confused or think we're crazy! : )

I miss my boy while he's away, but I'm glad to know he's having fun and that he gets to come home every day!

1 comment:

Jon and Jacque said...

What a cutie! It is even more fun to pick them up after their first day and see how excited they are and hear about what the learned!! Fun times!