Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Rice Cooker from CSN

So about a week and a half ago I received a $25 gift certificate from CSNstores.com. The only requirement was that I had to do a review for them after I bought something for myself! Fun!

I thought it would be pretty easy to pick something I had a couple things in mind, mostly kitchen items. So I started browsing for something new. What I thought would be an easy decision turned into a day and a half trying to decide between hundreds of items! I thought about a cooking set for Avery, a ravioli maker, a deep fryer, an oven liner (I hate cleaning the oven!), and tons of other things. There were way more things to pick from than I thought! It was awesome, and I can't wait to buy something else from their shops, they have just about everything you could ever need for you home.

So I finally showed Andy about a thousands things (maybe a slight exaggeration) and told him to pick which one we should get. We decided on a Rice Cooker, and I actually really like it! I know rice isn't a hard thing to make, but when you're also cooking meat and veggies on the stove it's awesome to be able to pour the water and rice and whatever seasonings you want in the cooker and let it sit til it's done.

The day we got it I decided to make some teriyaki chicken stir fry. so between the sauce, the chicken and veggies cooking on the stove the Rice cooker made it just a little easier to manage. The rice turned out perfect, very moist, very low maintenance, very yummy. 

So, this will definitely get put to good use around here. I'm excited to try some different rice recipes like fried rice in it.

And as an added bonus the purchasing process at CSN was so easy, and we got the Rice Cooker 2 days after we ordered it. I hate when I buy something I'm excited about and then it takes 2 weeks to get here, so fast shipping is a huge draw for me! They even have tons of items that have free shipping, so overall I will definitely be recommending CSN to people!

6 comments:

bedelia said...

you know I've actually wanted a rice cooker for awhile. I don't know why because really its not hard to cook but it would be one less thing to worry about on the stove.

Selissa said...

That was something I wanted to get too! The deep fryer won in the end though.

Natalie said...

A rice cooker would be great convenience in the kitchen! How awesome! Looks like the stir fry was delicious!

Chiemi said...

I love my rice cooker. We use ours all the time.

Jon and Jacque said...

We have always loved our rice cooker. You can even start the rice before church and it keeps perfectly until you get home. Fantastic!
~Jacque

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like it! I got my bread box, it's huge. I haven't been able to bake anything yet in the new house, but I know it will get lots of use. Mine took a while to get here. It was supposed to come in like 4 days, then it was delayed 2 1/2 days because of the snowstorm. Got it on the last trip to the old house!