Friday, February 11, 2011

Helpful Jack

Jack and I usually do whatever grocery shopping and errands while Avery is at pre-school. Running around with one of the boys is so much easier than both. Not that they're overly crazy, I'm just always surprised at how quiet my shopping trips are with only one!

Yesterday when we got home from the store Jack wanted to help me carry things in, and since I'm not one to turn down "teaching opportunities" for my kids I accepted his offer. : )
While he was carrying the package of plates up the stairs I was praising him, he must have thought it was a really special moment (of course it was!) so he stopped and said "Mom, get the camera. Take my picture"

 So he waited on the stairs for me to take the rest of the bags to the kitchen and get the camera. He was very proud to be helping me and even put them in the right cupboard. It's so fun to be able to have conversations with him now. I still think of him as a baby, but he's growing up too fast and isn't really a baby anymore. Although I tell him, whenever he insists he's not a baby, that he's still MY baby! Little punk, growing up.
He walked around the kitchen like this asking where his legs went. It was very cute!

4 comments:

bedelia said...

the legs thing is hilarious.

Andrea said...

Your boys are so cute Kizzie! Love it. That bottom pic has me cracking up. Too cute.

Robyn said...

Haven't looked at blogs a lot lately and your last few posts are awesome! I love the first vision drawing and Avery's "talk" with Jack about climbing on the couch. Awesome! I miss those little guys!

Tessa said...

Bahaha thank you- Your blog instructions worked perfect. Jack is looking older!