Thursday, February 03, 2011

Projects

Since we moved into the house I haven't really been able to focus much on my sewing/craft room as much as I had hoped. It's just in the last week or so that I've started getting things organized in there.

Today is the first time I've been able to work on some projects, and it has been so nice.
Yes, the house work I wanted to get done today is only half done, and my kids have been begging for a snack for an hour, but it was so nice to work on something that it was a little too easy to ignore the house work and tune the boys out for a bit.

So, first was a quilt I started 3 years ago. I had no idea it was that long ago, it should have been finished a long time ago! I'm not a quilter, so I tied it, and used store bought binding for the edge. It's queen sized, so it'll work well for guests or for keeping warm this winter. I'm just glad it's done!
 Second, I bought fabric to make the boys coordinating pillow cases a couple months ago and just haven't gotten to it. So I found a fun little tutorial (here) and made them. They're cute and go better with their room than my old girls camp pillow cases!

And this last picture is just because I love my sewing room. It's messy and unorganized right now, but I love it.

3 comments:

bedelia said...

I like the ironing board. My sewing area is ALWAYS messy.

Natalie said...

I love your sewing room! That would be so awesome! Great job on your projects! :)

Unknown said...

That's great! I like the pillows. I bet it's so nice to have so much room just for crafts after being in apartments for so long!