Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I just overheard...

This morning I caught Jack climbing over the back of the couch for the 1,187,364th time. This week.

He was promptly sent to his room for time out. A couple minutes later Avery came to me and said "I went and told Jack he has a couple more minutes, when you're ready tell me and I'll go let him out" so I said he could go open the bedroom door and ask Jack to come talk to me.

When he didn't come right away I walked down the hall to see what was going on, and this is what I heard through the partially open door

A: do you know why you're in time out?
J: yes. I climbed over the couch
A: Is it ever okay to do that?
J: No. it's not
A: don't do it again then. Now go talk to Mom

I loved that. Avery then came out and said "don't worry Mom, I talked to him"

So. Cute.

Jack has already attempted to climb over the couch again...oh well.

8 comments:

Selissa said...

That is so adorable! I love it!

Chiemi said...

lol, that is so cute. It always so funny to hear our children emulate us huh?

sissyann said...

What a good little helper!!!

Andrea said...

How cute! So so cute.

Jordy said...

I think Jonah beat Avery to the bossy stage.

bedelia said...

Yeah, Jonah is definitely bossy. Most amazing to me is that Jack took it. Nolan totally freaks out when Jonah tries to tell him things. I like that Avery let you know he took care of it.

Rebecca Blevins said...

That is hilarious! How adorable!

Unknown said...

I love it! Maybe he should come keep my child in line...:)