Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The House

So, we signed papers on our house and moved in on Dec. 15th. We love it. We love the space, the layout, the location, the yard, the garage, and we love that the paint colors are nice and we didn't need to do any work before moving it.

Sometimes it still seems weird that we bought a house. I'm not old enough for that am I? :)
Here are just a few pictures of the main areas of the house, because lets face it, the bedrooms are too messy right now.

 We're willing to admit that it's not the best looking house on the block...we have plans to upgrade in the future, but we have plenty of time for that.

 The kitchen and dining room are nice and roomy, some time soon I'd like to get a table that's a little bigger, you know that we can sit around and fit our food on it at the same time.  And maybe a Kitchen island.
 I absolutely love having a "formal" living room. It's easy to keep clean, there are no toys in it, I love it. We also hope to use the fire place in the near (?) future.
 The family room is a work in progress, we need to get some storage in there, and Andy is happily working on making it his domain. He's started setting up his star wars things and has plans to do more. With the help of my cricut and an awesome program Andy got me for Christmas I was able to make him some vinyl tie-fighters to accent his...decorations.

 The toy room (which is right off the family room) is possibly one of the best features of the house. I love that all the toy mess stays in there. And honestly it pretty much always looks this way, and I don't care! It's great. Some day we plan on closing it off to create a 4th bedroom/bonus room. It will remain the toy room, but with more privacy for guests.

 The boys love the big tub, even if the jets freak them out some times. It's nice and roomy for them.
So, there it is. Mostly. We have 3 bedrooms, one will be used as my sewing room. I'm very excited about that. We also have 3 bathrooms and a garage. We LOVE the garage, it's awesome for avoiding cold temperatures, frost and snow. Love it.

When I uploaded these pictures I realized that Avery must have pushed some buttons on the camera...the quality is not great. I guess that's what I get for letting a 4 year old take pictures. He takes some interesting pictures. :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your house! It's really nice. And the front really doesn't look that bad, especially in the Summer!

Jordy said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Andrea said...

Love it! Congratulations, so exciting!

bedelia said...

I think its only the weird wood on the front that's ugly. The rest is fine.

I don't know why but this post made me really miss you guys. Maybe that it is kind of permanent to buy a house.

Congratulations. It looks awesome and you have a ton of space. i can't wait to have a playroom someday.

Tessa said...

Cute house!!! Congratulations you guys!

Tahlia said...

How exciting to have a place of your own! What a nice place. I particularly like the BYU flag. I'm glad to see you're still representing even though you've moved.

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

I think it looks really cute! It could be that I'm insanely jealous of you having a house at all. Paying rent gets less and less appealing every month lol.

Natalie said...

How exciting! :) I bet it's nice to have all that space!

Hannah Schott said...

What program did he get you for your cricut? I'm interested in getting something like that. Your home looks so fun! Can't wait to see what creative things you come up with (besides what you've already done) to make it your own. Lots of love! Hannah