Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow day

It's been snowing all day, so even though the boys and I had nothing else to do today anyway we decided to make it a lazy snow day. we hung out and watched movies, and read, and after naps we headed outside to play in the snow.

Silly me I thought the boys would both love it and be excited to go out! Avery was thrilled, Jack was not. As soon as I told him my idea he ran back into his room cry and saying he didn't want to go out. Maybe I'm mean but I made him come out with us, I don't trust him inside by himself.

We made it outside, and Avery had a blast, he threw snowballs at me, slid down our "hill" in a laundry basket, made snow angels and had fun making foot prints in the snow.


 
Jack kept crying, I offered to let him go in and watch us through the door, but he wasn't interested in that. We only ended up being out there for 15 minutes or so, and after coming in and shedding all our snowy clothes we had some yummy hot cocoa, which cheered Jack right up.
 Here's to hoping the next time playing in the snow won't be so sad! :)

4 comments:

Joleen said...

Poor little Jackson! But, chocolate fixes everything, right?

bedelia said...

Nolan hates it too.

Nice table. I like that Jack's chair is completely covered.

Also, I got your calendar today. (sorry, I forgot last week.) I'll mail it tomorrow.

Tessa said...

Bahaha! That is a great post. Poor little Jack... :)

Anonymous said...

That laundry basket sledding looks awesome. Love your new dining set too!