Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Morning

On Christmas morning we scooted all the furniture to the edges of the room so we'd have plenty of space to make a mess. The boys were really excited when I told them they could eat a piece of chocolate before we opened presents. Jack managed to pick the biggest piece in his stocking and make a big mess.

Avery was so cute and excited about every gift he opened, he said things like "Oh, a _____ I've been wanting one of these!" , "It's what I always wanted!" and "a ______, it's just what I asked for!" it was so fun to see him so excited.
 
I think he was most excited about the pillow pet (knock off...it was so much cheaper than the real thing!) and the bakugan.
Jack wasn't so much interested in the actual gifts as much as he loved tearing the paper off any present he could get his hands on.
 
He did get excited about a couple things, like the Mickey Mouse finger skateboard (he has a star wars one he carries around everywhere and calls it his roller skate), and the bat cave we got them to share.

It always makes me happy and feel extra good when I see the boys so excited about the things we pick for them. They'd be happy with wrapping paper wrapped in wrapping paper, they're easy to please. But I do love picking things out I know they'll love.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet it was great to have your first Christmas back here, in your new home! Looks like the boys had a great time.