Avery has loved going to pre-school this year. We are sad to have to find him a new school since we moved. He loved all his little friends, and his teachers were great.
About a week before Christmas break his little class put on a Christmas Program for family come watch. They learned Christmas songs for a month, at least, before the program. He loved singing them to us at home, and he sounded so cute singing "Mr. Grinch" and "Jingle Bells".
In a letter to the parents his teacher mentioned that some kids like to dress up for the program but it wasn't required.
The day of the program Avery insisted that we all "dress fancy", it was so cute. So we all dressed up and headed over to the school. Grandma and Grandpa Westover, Grandma Joleen and Aunt Sarah and a few of her kids came to watch and support Avery in his first performance.
They sang a bunch of adorable Christmas songs, and we got to walk around and see some of their work displayed. One of Avery's was a drawing of a snow man who was apparently supposed to be Harry Potter with a magic wand. Cute.
Also, one Saturday morning before Christmas we went to a 4-H fundraiser breakfast that my sister and her girls were involved in. Santa was there, so we got some pictures of the boys with him. I think Avery asked for some shoes that would make him run faster. :) Which makes me remember a few random things Avery asked for for Christmas - one time I asked him what he wanted and he said "candy corn, and a new friend" another time he asked for a "DS", when I asked him if he knew what that was he replied" I think you play games on it or something..." and last one that I remember well was "a real wand that casts real spells" too much Harry Potter?
2 comments:
Avery is getting so big. And he looks like you. I never noticed that before but in these pictures and the gingerbread house, he really looked like you but a male versions. Kind of like your brother, I guess.
Glad you are back up and running! Avery's such a funny boy. I hope he likes his new school too!
I'm proud of you for not freaking out at the graham cracker messes. Jack must have put himself into a sugar coma the first time. Learned his lesson I guess!
Post a Comment