Friday, August 20, 2010

Me? A soccer mom?

Avery is playing soccer this summer. I love it. Even if I wish he would kick the ball.

The night of his first game was SO hot, too hot really for little kids to be running around in the sun.But with lots of water, ice and spray bottles Avery (and the rest of us!) made it through.I think Avery likes it. I hope... :)

He did a lot of this....that's right, he's rolling around in the grass. I think my favorite so far is when he chased a butterfly across the field. He's so cute.But we got some good action shots too, to prove he played! :)
It was so funny to see the swarm of kids chasing the ball around, I was surprised there was any actual scoring going on at all!
It looks like he's headbutting the ball, but he was just really intense while throwing the ball in.
He has 2 more games, which means two more opportunities to see what he'll come up with next.
I just hope that it won't be too hot!

3 comments:

Jordy said...

There's only been one day this summer when I think we felt over-100 degree heat. I don't know if I can ever handle it again!

Robyn said...

This makes me wish we had Cleod play soccer again this year. And I LOVE Jack's face in that photo!

sissyann said...

He is so cute!! I snorted Mt. Dew when I read about him chasing a butterfly. Funniest thing ever!!!