A couple weeks ago we spent the weekend in Nauvoo with my sister, Sarah, and her family.
It was fun staying in a motel, swimming, watching the Nauvoo pageant and walking around the Temple and Old Nauvoo and hanging out with family.

On the way there we ran into a little flooding, but with the help of a Keokuk local we made it through. It was crazy how much water was over the road.

Friday night we watched the pageant, I didn't have my camera, but besides the bug bites, the down pour before the show and Jack being tired and load...the pageant was good. All the singing and dancing was fun, I was impressed.
Saturday we crashed at my brother Jonah's house for the morning and lunch. We walked around uptown, looked in a few shops and of course stopped at the fudge shop. Yum.
The kids enjoyed spending time at the little Pioneer play area. I'm blanking on the official name of the place. Anyway, they all had fun dressing up, playing pioneer games and playing in the cabins. It was cute to see them all in Pioneer clothes.
Bella being amazed by Jonah's skills. :)

Tessa and Bella racing bears...or whatever you want to call this game.

Handsome pioneer boys.
Avery, Nate and Jack

We rode in a wagon and went down to the river.



We ended the weekend with swimming at the hotel, a bbq, and visiting
Carthage Jail Sunday on the way home.

picnic lunch after the Carthage tour. Rebekah, Jack, Avery and Rachel
2 comments:
What a great trip! Those are some places that I have always wanted to visit. Now I want to go even more!
Sounds like an awesome trip! I love the pictures, I'd love to go there sometime.
Post a Comment