Thursday, August 12, 2010

Little fish...sort of

Thankfully Avery passed swim lessons this year. He had a little bit of a rocky start, especially after they stuck him in the deep end when he wasn't expecting it. He was wearing a life jacket, he just didn't like floating there by himself.

It was a couple days before we could get him to get back into the pool, he would just sit on the side watching all the other kids. But, with the proper amount of bribery (and one really great swim instructor) he finished strong.He still doesn't love the deep end, but he loves floating around the shallow end of the pool, and he's great at dunking his entire body and holding his breath under water.When the 2 weeks of swim lessons were up, and he passed, he got to pick out a scripture case from the book store in Nauvoo. He picked green, because it's his favorite color. He loves using it at church.
(he doesn't usually ride in that little stroller!)

3 comments:

Selissa said...

That's so cool! Go Avery!

Robyn said...

I love when kids love to have their scriptures with them at church. Avery's adorable!

bedelia said...

That's awesome that he is going underwater. We didn't do lessons this year. I'm not sure why since Jordan is only part time working and we are constantly bored these days. Also Jordan said something about houses?!?!? I guess I just need to email you.