Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Picnic shirts

Earlier in the summer we bought the boys some fun little hawaiian print type shirts at DI. One day Avery wanted to wear it to church or something and I told him it wasn't a church shirt it's more of a picnic shirt. Or something like that. Well, that shirt became his picnic shirt. Every time he wears it we have to go on a picnic. Which is fine by me!

So the other day when I picked it out for him to wear he got really excited about going on a picnic.
Here are the boys on our picnic, in their picnic shirts.In the past Avery has had different names for food items and toys, if we call something a different name once it is that to Avery forever.
A couple examples -
-"Special Snacks" aka fruit snacks: One day just after Jack was born we were going somewhere and Avery didn't want to get in the car so I told him I'd give him a special snack if he got in his seat. I grabbed the first snack my hand touched in the diaper bag which happened to be fruit snacks, so for about a year after that he called fruit snacks, special snacks.

-When Avery first started talking we had gotten some of the fisher price little people at a yard sale and I jokingly called them little fat boys, (they're so cute and round how, could I not?) to this day he calls them fat boys. Bad, I know. We recently packed them away, maybe when we get them out again we can pick a new name!

-Also granola bars were Cookie Bars for a long time, just so I could convince Avery to eat them. If he thinks it's candy or a dessert, he'll eat it.

This post was much longer than I had intended it to be! Oh well.

No comments: